Zambia-- Livingstone Day 10
9.25.2026

This was our last day in Zambia and it was a full one! We went to a tribal village this morning called the Muloki Village. We saw their homes (very primitive-- made with sticks and mortar from abandoned termite hills and thatched roofs!), a kindergarten class-- the kids were so cute and couldn't stop giving me high 5's and they all just kept coming over to join the others. I wish I'd gotten a picture with them--they were such cute little kids. Then we saw the group of teenagers who performed their traditional dances. There are ALWAYS drums involved in African tribal dances and it is always loud! We saw them working with wood to make all their sculptures and handicrafts, which is where we ended up on the tour-- their little market... where ALL of the vendors were trying to get us to buy their stuff, which all looked the same! There wasn't a whole lot we loved, but we ended up buying a lot more than we planned to because they were REALLY good salesmen! Very persistent!! When we got back from that tour we headed over to Livingstone Island to do the Devil's Pool. I was low key scared until I saw what the people before us were doing and I got kinda panicky and stressed! The water in that pool is relatively calm, but it literally drops off RIGHT THERE to the tune of 325 feet down! The current was strong even waiting in that pool! Plus, there were little 4" fish that kept biting and it was hard enough to make me even more panicky! Even when it was my turn to take the pictures on the edge of destruction, the fish were still biting but the guide is literally only holding your feet, so if you kick too hard, and he loses his grip-- SIYONARA baby!! I kept kicking and trying to get the fish off, and the other guide kept trying to get me to go farther so my hands were over the edge, but I just couldn't do it! Every ounce of my body and mind were telling me that it wasn't safe! It really was pure torture taking all those shots at the edge-- and they kept wanting me to do all these different poses and I just wanted to be DONE and the fish never stopped biting! The water was really refreshing though... it was a hot day! Afterward, we had a really nice lunch in the shade on the island as well. The people with us were Edward Jones, as well and another group joined us and they were all from London! It was fun to talk to them--they were super friendly!! We took a boat ride back to the hotel and got a quick rest before our 90 minute massages! We went to these little cabanas at the edge of the Zambezi river and the atmosphere was so relaxing! That was the perfect way to end the day as the Devil's Pond experience was a bit stressful! (Nothing like that would ever be allowed in the US!) Our massages were the perfect ending to this whole trip which has been absolutely amazing in so many different ways! It took us 2 days to get here and will take us 2 days to get home, so we will have been gone for 14 days! I think that's a record for me!!! It has been wonderful, but I am ready to go home!

leave a reply
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)




























0 comments:
Post a Comment